Things to know when applying to M.Eng.ME.
Apply by June 15!
Requirements for the M.Eng.ME application:
- Completed application
- 3 letters of recommendation is the standard, however, we will accept 2, if both are from faculty*
- Application fee ($70 domestic applicants, $90 international applicants)*
- Minimum undergraduate gpa of 3.0/4.0, or its equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, other engineering field, or closely related field
- GRE(General exam) scores are required for the M.Eng.ME application. GRE scores are valid within five years of taking the exam.**
- TOEFL/IELTS scores taken within two years of the proposed first term of graduate study are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. For example, Fall 2020 applicants should submit TOEFL/IELTS scores taken in or after August 2018. Scores taken before August 2018 are invalid. See here for a list of exempted countries.
- Personal statement: one to two pages maximum. Please write about your area of interest/specialty, which classes you are interested in taking, why you are pursuing an M.Eng.ME, career plans.
The final deadline for Fall 2020 is June 15, 2020; however we encourage all applicants to apply as soon as possible, especially any student who will require visa support. APPLY TODAY: https://grad.illinois.edu/admissions/apply
* Current seniors and alumni of MechSE Illinois with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.00 - 3.24 are eligible for an application fee waiver, and a waiver from the GRE requirement. Current seniors and alumni of MechSE with a GPA of 3.25 or higher are eligible for an application fee waiver, a waiver from the GRE requirement, as well as a waiver from the letters of reference requirement.
** If you have difficulty taking the GRE or getting the required number of reference letters before the application deadline, please contact Susan Roughton to discuss the possibility of waiving those requirements.
Please contact Susan Roughton, M.Eng.ME Admissions Coordinator, with any questions about the application. Contact information: email@example.com or 217-300-3319.