• Total Credit for the Degree: 32 hours
• ME or TAM course work: 12-20 hours
• Applied math / computational science requirement - from approved list: 3-4 hours
• Elective courses - chosen in consultation with advisor: 4-8 hours
• Professional development*: 4-8 hours
*Choice or combination of (a) graduate-level capstone project (e.g., ME 597 Independent Study), or (b) course in leadership, entrepreneurship, or other business-related course.
Other Requirements and Conditions (may overlap):
• A minimum of 4 elective hours must be completed outside of the major department.
• A minimum of 12 500-level credit hours applied toward the degree, 8 of which must be in ME or TAM.
• A maximum of 4 hours of independent study may be applied toward degree requirements.
• Elective course category may include a maximum of 4 hours of special topics credit.
• Professional development category may include a maximum of 4 hours of special topics credit.
• The minimum program GPA is 3.0.
Note: Admitted students who have questions about course prerequisites should contact the instructor of the course.
Students in the MEngME program are not eligible for tuition waivers through research assistantships or teaching assistantships.