This print was made by pressing paper on top of shaving cream colored with food dye.
If you happen to find yourself bored and need a low-key activity to pass the time, consider trying some of these.
- Make miniature popsicles using an ice cube tray. Try experimenting with combinations of pieces of fruit, fruit juice, and yogurt or pudding. You can also add in toppings like sprinkles or graham cracker crumbs.
- Soak an egg in vinegar to dissolve the shell. If you do it correctly, the finished product will actually bounce on the floor without breaking. The process is simple: fully submerge a boiled egg in vinegar for three days (or until the shell is completely dissolved). Then wash off the vinegar. You can color the egg by putting food dye in the vinegar. If you don’t like the smell of vinegar, I would suggest either covering the container while the eggs soaks or letting it soak outside.
- Put foamy shaving cream in a pan and mix paint or food coloring into it in whatever design you want. Then press a piece of paper on top of it, remove the paper and scrape off the shaving cream. This will create a print on the paper of the design you made on the shaving cream.
Fake cookie dough can be eaten by itself or added to other desserts.
- If you’re not great at drawing what you see, try tracing an object’s shadow and then filling it in. This works really well with transparent objects like a wine glass or vase. Depending on how you arrange the object the shadow could be distorted, but that might make for an interesting surrealist drawing, if that’s what you’re into.
- Make your own paper airplane design and fly it from the tallest height you can find.
- Make water chimes by filling glasses with water at different levels and then tapping the glasses with a spoon.
- Make fake cookie dough: Mix softened butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla as though making real cookies. Then add in one tablespoon of milk and flour as needed until you have the desired consistency. This can be eaten raw. The alternative is to buy cookie mix and add butter and milk or water to it. Fake cookie dough can be great on top of freshly baked brownies (add it while they’re hot) or as an ice cream topping.