Things to know when applying to M.Eng.ME.
Deadlines for Applications for M.Eng.ME
Spring 2021: Applications are due by November 1, 2020, however students who will need a visa are strongly encouraged to apply by October 1, 2020 to allow time for visa processing.
Fall 2021: June 15, 2021
Requirements for the M.Eng.ME application:
- Completed application
- 3 letters of recommendation is the standard, however, we will accept 2, if both are from faculty*
- Application fee ($70 domestic applicants, $90 international applicants)*
- Minimum undergraduate gpa of 3.0/4.0, or its equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, other engineering field, or closely related field
- Due to COVID 19, the GRE is waived for Spring/Fall 2021 applicants. Please do not send GRE scores.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores taken within two years of the proposed first term of graduate study are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. For example, Fall 2021 applicants should submit TOEFL/IELTS scores taken in or after August 2019. Scores taken before August 2019 are invalid. See here for a list of exempted countries.
- Personal statement: one to two pages maximum. Please write about your area of interest/specialty, which track and classes interest you, why you are pursuing an M.Eng.ME, career plans.
* Current seniors and alumni of MechSE Illinois with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.00 - 3.24 are eligible for an application fee waiver. Current seniors and alumni of MechSE with a GPA of 3.25 or higher are eligible for an application fee waiver, as well as a waiver from the letters of reference requirement.
Please contact Susan Roughton, M.Eng.ME Admissions Coordinator, with any questions about the application. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-300-3319.
Apply today! https://grad.illinois.edu/admissions/apply