Scholarships and Awards
MechSE scholarships are awarded to outstanding prospective students or to continuing students with exceptional academic records, and there is no application process. Prospective freshmen are typically notified of scholarship offers by March. MechSE does however, consider continuing students for monetary awards. Award applications are emailed to continuing students each year. We encourage all continuing students to apply.
- The Grainger College of Engineering has scholarships for continuing students, please visit their website for eligibility and qualification requirements. Deadline: Monday at 5:00 pm before Spring Break.
- Engineering Council offers yearly awards to continuing students. Visit http://www.ec.illinois.edu/awards for more information. Deadline: Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:59 pm.
- The University of Illinois Office of Student Financial Aid has a database of many scholarships that you can search on their website. Deadline: Varies.
- Student Affairs at Illinois also offers many student leadership awards and scholarships for which you can apply. Deadline: Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:59 pm.
- Additional information on undergraduate aid can be found on The Grainger College of Engineering website: https://grainger.illinois.edu/admissions/costs/undergraduate
MechSE students may be eligible for several types of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, and federal work study. Details on these programs and how to apply for financial aid can be found on the University of Illinois Admissions website.